Saturday, January 07, 2006

Random Thoughts....

Did you ever have one of those days where you question everything you thought you knew about yourself?

It's Saturday, so I'm having one of my regularly scheduled weekend epiphanies. What happens is, I get a flash of understanding about a particular thing that's been on my mind for a while. The window of understanding isn't open for long. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes. I personally think that's when my ADD kicks in, but anyway.....

The thoughts today are about politics. It's no secret to anyone that deals with me on a daily basis that I HATE the current administration and the way they are handling the mess they've gotten us into. I know I'm not alone in this sentiment. That's not the issue. My problem is, I wish that instead of just complaining, I had some kind of solution to the problem. I am not up on world policy. Most of what I know is from conflicting media reports (the truth is somewhere in-between ) I am like the majority of the people that when asked, have a strong opinion on the situation, but feel helpless - powerless to do anything about it. I wish I'd had this fire in me when I was in high school. Maybe I'd be different. Maybe I would have done actual work for causes I believe in, instead of just talking about it.

I wonder...Does anyone else think that a true grasp on the political state of the world can only be gotten by a select few, instead of the masses that the Government is supposed to represent?
Given the chance ( a true chance) most anyone can understand a thing if it's presented to him/her in a way that he/she can understand. Seems to me that this isn't being done. There isn't much of a middle ground in media today. (humorous example: On one hand, the Wall Street Journal. In the other hand, National Enquirer or Weekly World News)

*************************************************************************************
On a completely different topic, Can anyone tell me how to do something funky with a banner?
I am not a whiz on this thing and only speak American, not Computerese, so be gentle.

5 Comments:

Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

On my blog there is a link to Angie's Wallpaper. She is a genius and a very generous person. Email her and I bet she comes up with something great for you or there is also a link for Brandy, who is a computer picture genius. Hope that helps! :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger kacey said...

Thanks DNY !!!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey; don;t know about the politics. I listen to Munch waay too much.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

No problem Kacey. Come visit my blog today! :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger kacey said...

Munch...Politics...

Has he ranted to anyone lately about JFK?

Anyone know where he is lately? (Munch, not JFK. lol)

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home